Mainstay Mince - All in one Mince Supper
All in one Mince Supper-a rice dish made with a portion of the batch mainstay mince recipe.
- 500g mainstay mince (see mainstay mince recipe)
- 4 rashers smoked bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 sweet peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped (we used yellow or orange)
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 150ml pint good, hot beef or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 200-300g cooked rice (any variety)
- Extra chopped herbs, to garnish
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and cook the bacon for 1-2 minutes until lightly coloured. Add the peppers and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mince, chopped tomatoes, stock and paprika. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the rice is hot.
- Garnish with the herbs and serve immediately with a crisp salad.