Mediterranean Style Pot Roast Lamb
This recipe uses a lamb shoulder pot roasted with Mediterranean vegetables, borlotti and flagolet beans.
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes
- 1 x 1.25kg lean, boned, and rolled lamb shoulder joint, tied
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 large leek or fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml red wine
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 x 400g can cannellini or borlotti beans, drained
- 1 x 400g can flageolet beans, drained
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- Heat the oil in a large pan or casserole dish and brown the meat on all sides. Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Add the garlic, leek or fennel, chopped tomatoes, red wine, rosemary sprigs and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cover and cook to the preferred calculated cooking time, basting occasionally.
- 10-15 minutes before the end of the cooking time, stir in the beans.
- Serve the lamb with bean mixture, potato and carrot mash and seasonal vegetables.