Pan Cooked Lambs Liver and Onions
Loved by some and hated by others. This liver and onion recipe is really tasty and served with mashed parsnip - an absolute native of the English terrain.
- 225g lamb's liver, rinsed and sliced
- 15g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 75g smoked bacon lardons
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 teaspoon balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 300ml boiling water
- 1 tablespoon gravy granules
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion, bacon lardons, garlic and thyme. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season the flour with salt and black pepper and coat the liver.
- Add the liver to the pan and brown for about 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and water mixed with the gravy granules and bring to the boil.
- Serve with parsnip mash and seasonal vegetables.