Red Pepper and Rosemary Crusted 2-bone Mini Racks of Lamb with Redcurrant Jus
A delicious 2-bone shoulder racks of lamb coated in a red pepper and rosemary crust served with a rosemary jus. A great entertaining dish
- 4 x 2-boned mini rack (shoulder) of lamb
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Red Pepper and Rosemary Crust
- :2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 75g/3oz prepared roasted red peppers in oil, reserving 30ml/2tbsp oil from the jar
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- For the Redcurrant Gravy
- :1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 300ml/½pint good quality red or rosé wine
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- 60ml/4tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 25g/1oz butter
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7, 220°C, 425°F.
- Prepare the redcurrant gravy; place the garlic, wine and thyme in a medium saucepan and boil for 15-20 minutes until reduced by half. Strain, return to the pan and simmer over a low heat. Stir in the redcurrant jelly and whisk in the butter. Season.
- To prepare the crust; place the garlic, peppers, reserved oil, thyme and hot pepper sauce in a food processor or blender and whizz until a smooth paste forms. Season.
- Place the racks on a chopping board, fat side up and gently score the skin. Season. Heat a large, dry non-stick pan, and sear the lamb in the pan on both sides for 2-3 minutes until brown. Cool slightly then spread the paste evenly on the fat side of the racks.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tray, crust side up and roast for 20-25 minutes (for medium). Remove from the oven; cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the racks into cutlets and serve with new potatoes, the gravy and seasonal vegetables.