BBQ Spatchcock Lamb
A bone-in or boneless lamb leg joint marinated overnight in the fridge with fresh rosemary and garlic then cooked on the BBQ.
- 1 lean boned ½ lamb leg joint - either buy boned or ask your butcher to remove the bones
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 150ml white wine
- Take a lean boned lamb leg joint or use a boned and rolled shoulder joint, remove the string and lay flat.
- Place the flat joint into a dish and add the rosemary, garlic and seasoning. Rub into the lamb then pour over the white wine. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove from the marinade and thread metal skewers criss-crossing through the meat to keep flat. Cook on a lidded or covered barbecue - place flat onto the barbecue grid not too close to the coals, turning frequently for about 35-40 minutes.
- Alternatively place directly onto the shelf in a preheated oven (place a tray underneath to catch the drips) for about 35-40 minutes until browned on the outside and still a little pink in the centre.
- Serve cut into large chunks with potatoes and salad.