Beef,Pasta and Spinach Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Serve immediately with crusty bread.
- 375g/12oz thinly sliced cooked roast beef
- 175g/6oz dried small pasta shapes, cooked
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 175g/6oz fresh peas or mangetout
- 100g/4oz baby spinach leaves
For the blue cheese dressing
- :60ml/4tbsp reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 60ml/4tbsp half fat crème fraîche
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp lemon juice
- 50g/2oz blue cheese, eg Stilton, crumbled
- Prepare the blue cheese dressing; in a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients, cover and set aside.
- Place the pasta, onion, peas or mangetout in a large salad bowl and stir though the dressing.
- Add the spinach and beef and lightly toss.