- 4 lambs kidneys, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mango chutney
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 2-4 slices of thick granary bread or brioche, lightly toasted
- Fresh tarragon leaves
- Heat the oil in a large shallow frying pan and cook the kidneys for 3-4 minutes or until brown.
- Add the chutney, curry paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot water, lemon zest and seasoning. Heat through for 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over the toast, garnish with the tarragon and serve immediately.
Tips:If preferred use as a filling for jacket potatoes.