Lamb Skewers with Lemon and Chilli
A great canape and entertaining recipe featuring lamb strips marinated in lemon zest, dried chilli flakes, olive oil and fresh thyme threaded on to skewers, grilled and served with prepared chilli jam or onion marmalade.
- 450g/1lb lamb rumps or boneless leg steaks, cut into strips
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2.5ml/½tsp dried chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped thyme leaves
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together, cover and set aside for about 20 minutes.
- Thread the lamb strips onto 15-20 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water).
- Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve the skewers garnished with salad leaves and a prepared chilli jam, onion chutney or onion marmalade.