Paprika BBQ Lamb Skewers
Quick, barbecue recipe, lamb mince, herbs and paprika shaped into koftas.
- 675g/1½lb lean lamb mince
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped mint
- 15ml/1tbsp smoked paprika powder (available at all good supermarkets)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Using slightly damp hands divide the mixture into 6 portions. Roll each portion into a sausage shape and mould around 6 long wooden (previously soaked in water) or metal skewers or 12 small skewers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the lamb skewers under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the skewers on top of grilled Mediterranean flat bread, a side salad and a dollop of houmous.