Pan Asian Lamb Skewers
These mouth-watering skewers are great cooked on the barbecue or under the grill and are quick to prepare. Lamb neck fillets or boneless shoulder cubes are combined with a herb and spice marinade. Serve with a couscous salad. This ia a great alfresco dish for friends and family.
- 450-675g lean lamb neck fillets or boneless shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm cubes
For the Herb and Spice Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- To prepare the herb and spice marinade; in a large shallow non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients including those from the store cupboard together. Place the lamb cubes in the mixture and coat well on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours, or overnight if time allows.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and thread onto 6 small wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes). Cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bed of mixed couscous salad.