Aromatic Lamb Warmer - Slow Cooker Version
A simple way to use cubes of lamb leg or mutton in a slow cooker with only three easy steps.
- 675g/1½lb lean boneless lamb or mutton leg cut into 2.5cm/1 inch Cubes
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 5ml/1tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 5ml/1tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 5ml/1tsp cardamom pods, bruised
- 10ml/2tsp curry powder
- 450ml/3/4 pint good, hot lamb stock
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g/4oz red lentils
- Extra freshly chopped mint leaves, to garnish
- Place the lamb or mutton in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, Stir in the spices.
- Add the meat to the base of the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. Turn a large slow cooker to high and cook for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours, or according to your manufacturers' handbook.
- Garnish with extra mint leaves and serve with plenty of hot crusty bread.