Roast Lamb Rumps with Red Pesto
Lamb rumps topped with home made red pesto made with sun-dried tomatoes, basil, pine nuts, Parmesan, garlic and olive oil.
To Cook Medium: 15 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 25-30 minutes
- 2 x 150-175g lean lamb rumps
For the red pesto:
- 1x 25-30g pack fresh basil leaves
- 25g pine nut kernels, lightly toasted
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 25-50g grated Parmesan cheese
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Extra roasted pine nut kernels
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5,
- To prepare the red pesto, place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz together until combined, season and transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the lamb rumps on a chopping board, season and spread with 30ml/2tbsp of the prepared pesto. Transfer to a foil-lined metal rack in a roasting tin and cook according to your preference.
- Transfer the lamb to a warm plate, lightly cover with foil and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the extra pine nuts, slice and serve with roasted or sautéed new potatoes, any remaining pan juices and dressed baby spinach leaves.