Steaks with Blue Cheese and Roasted Vegetables (1)
Blue cheese works really well with beef. In this recipe we use it together with a fruity chutney on top of a steak and use roasted vegetables as an alternative to the classic steak and chips.
- 4 lean rump, sirloin, picanha or flat iron steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 50g blue cheese, e.g Stilton, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney of your choice
For the Roasted Vegetables:
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 raw beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- To prepare the roasted vegetables; place the vegetables on a baking tray, season, drizzle with the oil and roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Season the steaks and cook according to your preference. During the last minute of the cooking time spoon the chutney over each steak and top with the cheese.
- Spoon the roasted vegetables onto each plate. Add the steaks and drizzle any meat juices from the pan over the steak.
- Serve immediately.