Club Steak on the bone with Blue Cheese Butter
Bone in club steak with crushed peppercorns and a blue cheese butter. Bistro style for two to share.
- 750g/1lb10oz lean bone-in club steak
- 25g/1oz black peppercorns, crushed
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
Blue Cheese Butter
- :50g/2oz unsalted butter, softened
- 50g/2oz blue cheese, e.g Stilton
- Prepare the blue cheese butter; in a small bowl mix together all the ingredients. Form the butter into a sausage shape and wrap in cling film or foil and refrigerate until required.
- Place the crushed peppercorns and the salt on a large plate and coat the steak on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large griddle or frying pan and cook the steak for 4-5 minutes on each side (for medium rare).
- Top with a disc of the blue cheese butter, transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately with a salad garnish, chunky chips and roasted red onions.