Harissa Shoulder of Lamb
- 1.8kg whole shoulder of lamb
- 1 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoons prepared harissa paste
- 200ml good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- ½ x 28g pack fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 x 100g pack fresh pomegranate seeds
- 100ml Greek style natural yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 3, 160°C, 140°C fan.
2. Place the lamb on a chopping board and make several slashes over the surface of the lamb with a sharp knife. Season and spread with the harissa paste on both sides. Transfer to a large non-stick roasting tin approximately 40 x 30cm (16 x 12inch). Pour over the stock.
3. Cover with baking parchment then foil and roast for 4 hours.
4. Remove the joint from the tin, transfer onto a chopping board and ‘pull’ the cooked lamb apart by securing with a fork and shredding meat with a second fork.
5. Drizzle with natural yogurt, garnish with mint, pomegranate seeds and lemon juice. Serve with prepared rice or couscous and a selection of sides.