Lamb Rogan Josh (Easy)
A delicious aromatic Indian curry using a jar of prepared Rogan josh sauce that uses lamb leg or shoulder cubes and takes only 10 minutes to prepare and then can be left to simmer.
- 450g/1lb lean lamb shoulder or leg cubes
- 15ml/1tbsp oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped or 1 x 500g pack prepared diced onions
- 5ml/1tsp garlic purée
- 1 x 420g (approx) jar prepared Rogan Josh sauce
- 6 small new potatoes, halved
- 100g/4oz prepared cauliflower florets (frozen are good too)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Natural yogurt, to garnish
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and brown the lamb with the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sauce, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 1-1½ hours or according to the jar instructions..
- 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the vegetables and continue to cook. Remove from the heat, season, if required and garnish with the yogurt and coriander.
- Serve with prepared basmati rice and a selection of Indian relishes and poppadoms or naan bread.
Nutrition: Per Serving