Roast Lamb with Fennel and Mustard Butter
A flavourful addition to the Sunday roast. Half lamb leg with a mustard, fennel seed and garlic butter
1 hour 30 minutes
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes
- 900g-1.3kg lean lamb half leg joint
For the fennel and mustard butter:
- 50g softened butter
- 1-2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons fennel seeds, finely crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare the fennel and mustard butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface. Season and spread the butter over the joint and into the slits.
- Place on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin and open roast in a preheated oven for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting with any rich meat juices.
- Slice the lamb and serve with a light rice salad.