St Clement's Roast Lamb
A refreshing citrus half lamb roasting joint suitable for all occasions.
1 hour 37 minutes
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes
- 900g-1.3kg lean lamb half leg joint
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped thyme leaves
- Grated zest of 2 oranges (reserve oranges)
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or white grape juice
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- Place the joint on a large chopping board. Make several incisions over the joint and season on both sides. Press the thyme and orange zest over the surface of the lamb and into the slits.
- Slice the oranges and place in a large non-stick roasting tin with the lemon slices and put the joint on top. Open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any meat juices. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time pour the wine or white grape juice over the lamb and return to the oven for the remaining cooking time.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables such as fennel and roasted white and sweet potatoes.