Thai Style Roast Lamb
Serve the lamb with roasted red onions, peppers and chillies and roasted new potatoes, garnished with toasted desiccated coconut or mustard seed.
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g plus 30 minutes
- 900g-1.25kg lean half shoulder or half leg lamb joint
- 2-3 tablespoons prepared red or green Thai curry paste
- 1 lemon grass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and with a sharp knife make several slits over the surface of the lamb joint and season. In a small bowl mix together the Thai paste, lemon grass and oil. Spread half the mixture over the surface of the lamb. Place in a shallow dish, cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the joint on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin and open roast for the preferred calculated cooking time.
- 15-20 minutes before the end of the cooking time, brush with the remaining paste mixture.
- Serve the lamb with roasted red onions, peppers and chillies and roasted new potatoes, garnished with toasted desiccated coconut or mustard seed.