Mint and Lime Roast Lamb
This boneless rolled lamb shoulder is an impressive sight for the dinner table and easy to carve too!
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- 1kg/2.2lb lean boneless rolled lamb shoulder or mini shoulder joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 60ml/4tbsp mint jelly
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 500ml/18floz light lamb stock (made with ½ stock cube)
- 15ml/1tbsp gravy granules
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Season the joint and open roast for the calculated cooking time.
- 20 minutes before the end of the cooking time mix together the mint jelly and the lime zest and juice. Spoon or brush over the lamb.
- When cooked transfer the lamb onto a dish, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the gravy; skim off any excess fat from the roasting tin and discard. Add the stock and stir well to remove any rich lamb juices and sediment from the bottom of the pan. Strain into a saucepan, bring to the boil and stir in the gravy granules. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and add the mint.
- Serve with roast potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli and any remaining mint and lime jelly.
Nutrition: Per Serving