Orange Marmalade and Port Glazed Lamb with Apricot and Coriander Stuffing
To Cook Medium: 25 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 25 minutes
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes per 450g/1lb plus 30 minutes
- 1 x 1.3kg/3lb lean whole lamb leg joint
- 10ml/2tsp garlic salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 60ml/4tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 45ml/3tbsp fine cut Seville orange marmalade
- 30ml/2tbsp Port
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the joint on a large chopping board. Make several incisions over the joint and season on both sides with the garlic salt and pepper. Press the chives over the surface of the lamb and into the slits.
- Place on a metal rack in a large non-stick roasting tin and open roast for the preferred, calculated cooking time, basting occasionally with any meat juices. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time mix together the marmalade and Port, brush over the lamb and return to the oven for the remaining cooking time.
Serve with seasonal vegetables, the stuffing and roast potatoes.