Noisettes of Lamb with Anchovy,Mint and Lime Marinade
Anchovy and mint are classic accompaniments to complement lamb and make a great marinade for lamb noisettes. Ideal elegant supper or lunch for two.
- 4 lean lamb noisettes
- 2 tablespoons oil
For the Anchovy, Mint and Lime Marinade:
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1-2 tablespoons runny honey, optional
For the Pan Fried Asparagus:
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g asparagus, trimmed and lightly steamed
For the Sherry Dressing:
- 50ml sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- To prepare the marinade; place all the ingredients into a large shallow dish and mix well.
- Place the noisettes in the marinade mixture and coat on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- To prepare the pan-fried asparagus; heat a large non-stick griddle or frying pan, coat the asparagus in the olive oil and cook for 5-8 minutes, turning occasionally until tender, drain, transfer to a large serving plate and keep warm.
- Heat the oil for the noisettes in a clean non-stick griddle or frying pan until hot. Add the lamb and cook for 4-6 minutes on each side over a moderate heat until cooked.
- To make the dressing; place all the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until combined and spoon over the asparagus.
- Serve the noisettes with creamy mash potatoes and the asparagus.