Noisettes of Lamb with Rhubarb and Shallot Relish
An impressive but easy entertaining recipe for two. Boneless lamb noisettes marinated in fresh rosemary, roasted and served with a rhubarb and shallot relish.
- 4 lamb noisettes, cutlets or chops
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves
For the Relish:
- 6 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 40g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 fresh rhubarb, roughly chopped
- Place the lamb in a large bowl with half the oil, rosemary and seasoning. Toss gently. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
- Meanwhile to prepare the relish, heat the remaining oil in a medium non-stick pan. Add the shallots and garlic. Reduce the heat and simmer on a low heat, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes until the onions are soft. Add the sugar, vinegar and rhubarb and cook uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes. Preheat a medium sized roasting tin in the oven.
- Heat a clean non-stick pan and sear the lamb for 2-3 minutes on both sides until brown. Roast in the oven for a further 8-10 minutes.
- Arrange the lamb on a plate and serve with creamy herb mash and a spoonful of the relish.