Cinnamon and Chilli Lamb Chops with Couscous Salad
A quick aromatic recipe using mostly store cupboard ingredients and ready in half an hour. Lamb chops or cutlets with a cinnamon and chilli rub and a light cous cous salad.
- 8 lean lamb cutlets or chops
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 2.5ml/½tsp dried chilli flakes
- 10ml/2tsp oil
For the Couscous salad:
- 450g/1lb couscous
- 50g/2oz butter
- 600ml/1pint good, hot vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g/4oz flaked almonds, toasted
- 50g/2oz raisins
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and diced
- Large handful freshly chopped mint
- In a shallow dish mix together the seasoning, cinnamon, chilli flakes and oil.
- To prepare the couscous; put the couscous and butter in a large shallow heatproof bowl, add the stock, stir gently, cover and leave to stand until the liquid is absorbed (this will take about 5 minutes).
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, and add the remaining couscous ingredients. Season, if required and set aside.
- Cook the chops under a preheated grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve the lamb with the couscous salad and houmous.