Barnsley Chops with Big Chips and Crushed Peas
Serve the Barnsley chops, big chips and crushed peas all together.
- 2 lean lamb Barnsley (double loin) chops or single loin chops
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into very thick chips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mint jelly, softened
- 225g frozen peas
- 12g butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 400ºF, Gas Mark 6.
- Place the potatoes in a large non-stick roasting tray. Drizzle over the olive oil and toss together, season. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes, turning occasionally until golden brown and crisp.
- Preheat the grill. Place the chops on the grill pan and glaze with half the mint jelly. Grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, using up the glaze.
- Meanwhile, place the peas in a pan and bring to the boil, lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 6-8 minutes then drain. Lightly crush using a potato masher, stir in the butter and mint. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve the Barnsley chops, big chips and crushed peas all together.