Grilled Autumn Lamb Chops with Roasted Baby Turnips and Garlic with Shallot, Marjoram and Honey Vinaigrette
An autumnal supper for 4 ready in 40 minutes. Roasted baby turnips served with grilled lamb chops drizzled with a shallot and marjoram vinaigrette
- 8 lean lamb chops
- 20 baby turnips, topped and tailed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 75ml/5tbsp olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 25g/1oz unsalted butter
For the shallot and marjoram vinaigrette
- :4 shallots or 1 medium white onion, peeled and finely diced
- 45ml/3tbsp extra virgin olive or rapeseed oil
- 5ml/1tsp runny honey
- 30ml/2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 sprigs of fresh marjoram or oregano leaves, picked and roughly chopped
- 250g/9oz fresh rocket leaves, rinsed
- 15ml/1tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 7, 220°C/425°F.
- Put the turnips in a mixing bowl, season and toss in 15ml/1tbsp of the olive oil. Scatter over a baking tray with the garlic cloves and the butter. Roast for 10-15 minutes, or until caramelised and tender. Keep warm.
- Place the chops on a chopping board and season. Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 4-6 minutes (for medium rare), turning occasionally. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and set aside.
- To prepare the shallot and marjoram vinaigrette; in a small bowl combine the shallots, olive or rapeseed oil, honey, vinegar and seasoning. Add the herbs.
- Place the rocket in a large bowl, season and toss in the lemon juice and remaining oil.
- Divide the rocket evenly over the plates with the turnips and chops. Spoon the vinaigrette over the lamb and serve immediately.