Moroccan Spiced Lamb
This recipe pairs perfectly marinated lamb chops with jewelled couscous for a meal full of Moroccan flavours.
- 8 lamb chops
- 1–2 teaspoons ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning mix
- Grated zest and juice of ½ large lemon
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
For the Jewelled Couscous:
- 400g couscous
- 600ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 100g toasted flaked almonds
- 2 x 100g cartons pomegranate seeds
- Small handful freshly chopped mint
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place the chops in a large bowl, season and add the ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning mix, lemon zest and juice and oil. Mix well, cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in fridge.
- To prepare the couscous, put the couscous in a large, shallow, heatproof bowl, add stock, stir gently, cover and leave to stand for 5 mins until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the almonds and pomegranate seeds. Stir in the mint and season.
- Cook the chops under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared BBQ for 6–8 minutes on each side.
- Spoon the couscous on to a large serving plate, add the chops, garnish with the coriander leaves and serve immediately.