Moroccan Spiced Lamb
- 8 lamb chops
- 1–2 teaspoons ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning mix
- Grated zest and juice of ½ large lemon
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
For the jewelled couscous
- 400g couscous
- 600ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 100g toasted flaked almonds
- 2 x 100g cartons pomegranate seeds
- Small handful freshly chopped mint
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Place the chops in a large bowl, season and add the ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning mix, lemon zest and juice and oil. Mix well, cover and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in fridge.
2. To prepare the couscous, put the couscous in a large, shallow, heatproof bowl, add stock, stir gently, cover and leave to stand for 5 mins until the liquid is absorbed.
3. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the almonds and pomegranate seeds. Stir in the mint and season.
4. Cook the chops under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared BBQ for 6–8 minutes on each side.
5. Spoon the couscous on to a large serving plate, add the chops, garnish with the coriander leaves and serve immediately.