Lamb Chops with Tomato,Red Onion and Mozzarella Salad
Simple supper or lunch. Barbecued lamb chops with lemon and rosemary served with a fresh mozzarella and tomato salad.
- 8 lean lamb chops or cutlets
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp freshly chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 250g/9oz small cherry or plum tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 175g/6oz baby Mozzarella balls, drained
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Place the chops on a chopping board, season and sprinkle on both sides with the rosemary and lemon zest.
- Cook under a preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally or on a prepared barbecue.
- Meanwhile, place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Put the dressing ingredients into a screw-topped jar and shake until combined. Pour over the salad.
- Serve the chops with the salad and crusty bread.