Parmesan Crusted Veal
A light supper in under 15 minutes. Veal escalopes are coated in parmesan and breadcrumbs and quickly pan fried.
- 4 lean veal escalopes
- 50g freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 25g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 50g plain flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15g butter
- On a small shallow plate mix together the cheese, sage and breadcrumbs
- Place the veal on a chopping board, season well and dust in the flour then the egg white. Coat the veal in the cheese mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the veal for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lemon wedges, crusty bread and a side salad.