Parmesan Crusted Veal
A light supper in under 15 minutes. Veal escalopes are coated in parmesan and breadcrumbs and quickly pan fried.
- 4 lean veal escalopes
- 50g/2oz freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- 4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 25g/1oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 50g/2oz plain flour
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 15g/½oz butter
- 1. On a small shallow plate mix together the cheese, sage and breadcrumbs.
- 2. Place the veal on a chopping board, season well and dust in the flour then the egg white. Coat the veal in the cheese mixture.
- 3. Heat the oil and butter in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the veal for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 4. Serve with lemon wedges, crusty bread and a side salad.