Veal Burgers with Pesto
Using veal mince mixed with pesto and olives these burgers make a different addition to any barbecue.
- 450g/1lb lean veal mince
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 25g black olives, drained and finely chopped
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared red pesto
- 2 small shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large, shallow bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm/3½inch burgers, transfer to a large plate, cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in rolls of your choice with salad leaves, red onions and a spoonful your favourite relish.