Veal Burgers with Mozzarella
A mouth-watering burger made with veal mince stuffed with mozzarella cheese that great cooked either on the barbecue or under the grill.
- 450g veal or beef mince
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 x 125g ball mozzarella cheese, cut into four equal portions
- In a large bowl mix together the mince, seasoning, chives and Worcestershire sauce.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into eight x 9cm burgers, 1cm thick. Place a portion of cheese in the centre of four burgers. Position the remaining burgers on top and continue to mould into a burger shape so that the cheese is hidden in the centre. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve with bread of your choice, we’ve used focaccia.