Beef Carpaccio with Mustard Dressing (version 2)
A great alfresco or entertaining dish featuring thinly sliced beef fillet served with a mustard dressing and rocket and shaved Parmesan.
- 225-300g lean beef fillet, centre cut* and trimmed
- 100g rocket leaves, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- Hard cheese shavings, e.g Parmesan, to garnish
For the Mustard Dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped chives
- Chill 6-8 serving plates. Meanwhile, prepare the beef; loosely wrap the fillet in foil or baking parchment and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- To make the mustard dressing; place all the ingredients into a screw-topped jar and shake well. Season.
- Remove the beef from the freezer and slice as thinly as possible across the grain of the meat.
- Place the slices between sheets of cling film and using a rolling pin or meat mallet flatten evenly into wafer-thin slices. Chill until required.
- Arrange the rocket on the chilled plates, then the beef slices, slightly overlapping. Season, drizzle over the dressing and garnish with the capers, rocket and cheese before serving.