Beef Stroganoff (Slow Cooker Version)
- 450g-675g/1-1½lb beef chuck or shin cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 350g/12oz mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (we used chestnut)
- 30ml/2tbsp brandy
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp cornflour
- 300ml/½pint good, hot beef stock
- 5ml/1tsp Dijon mustard
- 150ml/¼pint low fat crème fraîche
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Put the beef, onions, mushrooms, brandy, seasoning, cornflour and stock in a slow cooker and mix gently.
Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours or according to your manufacturers’ handbook.
Stir through the mustard and crème fraîche, garnish with the parsley and serve with noodles or steamed rice and seasonal vegetables.