Beef Stroganoff (Slow Cooker Version)
Try this classic beef dish with mushrooms, cream, brandy and onions. It has been revived by using a slow cooker to make life easier.
- 450g-675g beef chuck or shin cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 350g mushrooms, cleaned and quartered (we used chestnut)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 300ml good, hot beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 150ml low fat crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Put the beef, onions, mushrooms, brandy, seasoning, cornflour and stock in a slow cooker and mix gently.
Cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours or according to your manufacturers’ handbook.
Stir through the mustard and crème fraîche, garnish with the parsley and serve with noodles or steamed rice and seasonal vegetables.