Crumbed Lamb Chops with Crushed Seasonal Vegetables
- 4 lean chump chops or boneless leg steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Lemony Breadcrumbs
- 30ml/2 tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 50g/2oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped chives
For the Sticky Dressing
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- 30-45ml/2-3tbsp clear honey
- 30-45ml/2-3tbsp wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
For the Crushed Seasonal Vegetables
- 450g/1lb waxy potatoes, cut into cubes
- 100g/4oz broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g/4oz cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp reduced fat garlic and herb flavoured cream cheese
1. For the breadcrumbs; heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the breadcrumbs with the lemon or lime zest and juice for 2-3 minutes, tossing frequently until golden brown. Remove from the heat and add the chives.
2. To make the sticky dressing; in a small bowl mix together the vinegar, honey and mustard. Transfer to two separate bowls.
3. Place the steaks on a chopping board, season and brush the steaks on both sides with the dressing from one bowl.
4. Heat a non-stick pan and cook the lamb for 6-8 minutes on each side. During the last 2-3 mnutes sprinkle with the breadcrumbs. Warm the dressing from the second bowl.
5.Meanwhile; boil the potatoes for 15-20 minutes. Add the broccoli and cauliflower 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain and roughly mash, season and stir through the cream cheese.
6. Transfer the lamb onto a plate. Drizzle with the warmed dressing and serve with the crushed seasonal vegetables.