Lamb with a Wild Mushroom and Tomato Pan Sauce
- 4 x 100g lean lamb rump (chump) or loin chops
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped oregano or thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the wild mushroom and tomato pan sauce:
- 15g butter
- 75g wild mushrooms, sliced
- 225g cherry or small plum tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar, optional
- Small handful freshly chopped basil leaves
- 25g Feta cheese, crumbled
- Baby spinach leaves, to garnish
- Place the lamb on a chopping board, season and sprinkle on both sides with the oregano or thyme leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick griddle or frying pan. Add the lamb and cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until brown. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce; heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan and add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly soft. Lightly stir through the stock, sugar, if used, basil and seasoning.
- Arrange a few spinach leaves on each plate, top with the lamb, spoon over the sauce and sprinkle over the Feta cheese. Serve with new potatoes.