Lamb with a Wild Mushroom and Tomato Pan Sauce
Eat Arrange a few spinach leaves on each plate, top with the lamb, spoon over the sauce and sprinkle over the Feta cheese. Serve with new potatoes.
- 4 x 100g/4oz lean lamb rump (chump) or loin chops
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped oregano or thyme leaves
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
For the wild mushroom and tomato pan sauce
- :15g/½oz butter
- 75g/3oz wild mushrooms, sliced
- 225g/8oz cherry or small plum tomatoes, halved
- 75ml/5tbsp good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 5ml/1tsp caster sugar, optional
- Small handful freshly chopped basil leaves
- 25g/1oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- Baby spinach leaves, to garnish
- Place the lamb on a chopping board, season and sprinkle on both sides with the oregano or thyme leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick griddle or frying pan. Add the lamb and cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until brown. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce; heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan and add the mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook for 4-5 minutes until slightly soft. Lightly stir through the stock, sugar, if used, basil and seasoning.
- Arrange a few spinach leaves on each plate, top with the lamb, spoon over the sauce and sprinkle over the Feta cheese. Serve with new potatoes.