Lamb Chops with Nettle Pesto, Quinoa, Spring Herb and Lemon Salad
Succulent lamb chops grilled or cooked on the barbecue and topped with a homemade pesto made with nettles! The chops are served with a light quinoa, courgette and herb and lemon salad.
- 4 lean lamb cutlets or chops
For the Nettle Pesto:
- 25g small stinging nettle leaves, stems removed, washed and blanched
- 25g toasted pinenuts or hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
For the Salad:
- 300ml good, hot vegetable stock
- 100g quinoa
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced into ribbons (using a swivel headed potato peeler)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bunch mixed fresh herbs (coriander, mint, flat-leaf parsley) roughly chopped
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- To prepare the pesto; place the nettle tops, pine or hazelnuts, garlic and cheese in a food processor or blender and on the `pulse’ setting blend until combined.
- Slowly add the oil and `pulse’ to form a rough paste. Adjust the seasoning if required and set aside.
- To prepare the salad; put the stock in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the quinoa, reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl, fluff up with a fork and set aside to cool. When cool, add the remaining salad ingredients and season, if required.
- Season the chops and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side or until any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the lamb with the pesto and the salad.