Lamb Mini Roast with Garlic and Rosemary
This delicious midweek lamb mini roast is spread with a delicious herb butter made with freshly chopped rosemary and is perfect for 2-3 people and is on the table in under an hour.
- 1 x 350-400g lean lamb mini roasting joint (we used lamb thick flank)
For the Rosemary and Garlic Herb Butter:
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- Seasonal vegetables
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 170°C fan.
2. To prepare the herb butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
3. Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface of the lamb, season and spread with the rosemary butter. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium roasting tin, lined with foil and roast for 35-40 minutes (for medium).
4. Remove the lamb from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve with seasonal vegetables and gravy.