Lamb Mini Roast with Miso Glaze (1)
A Korean-inspired lamb mini roast recipe glazed with honey, miso paste and rice wine vinegar served with tossed vegetable egg noodles. A great midweek meal option.
- 1 x 350-400g (12-14oz) lean lamb mini roasting joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 200g/7oz prepared egg noodles
- For the Miso Glaze
- :1 small jar prepared miso paste
- 60ml/4tbsp Japanese rice wine, sherry or water
- 20ml/4tsp runny honey
- For the Vegetables
- :1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 2 red peppers, cored, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, cored, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 small onions, peeled and roughly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C.
- In a small bowl mix together the miso paste, rice wine, sherry or water and honey. Set aside.
- Arrange the vegetables in a large non-stick roasting tin, season and drizzle with oil. Lightly shake the pan to coat the vegetables in the oil.
- Put the lamb on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and season. Position the lamb on top of the vegetables, brush generously with the glaze (including the vegetables) and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- 5-10 minutes before the end of the cooking time for the mini roast prepare the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and set aside in a large saucepan or bowl.
- Remove the lamb and vegetables from the oven. Transfer the lamb to a small plate. Cover and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Add the roasted vegetables and any meat juices from the roasting dish to the noodles. Toss gently and divide evenly onto serving plates.
- Thinly slice the lamb, arrange on top of the noodles and serve immediately.