Mini Lamb Joints with Pomegranate, Coriander and Cinnamon Butter
To Cook Medium: 20 minutes (medium)
To Cook Well Done: 30 minutes (well done)
- 4 x 250-350g mini roast lamb silverside or topside joints
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 150ml/¼pint pure pomegranate juice or 60ml/4tbsp pomegranate molasses (available at larger supermarkets)
- Coriander and Cinnamon Butter
- :75g/3oz unsalted butter, softened
- 15ml/1tbsp ground cinnamon
- 15-30ml/1-2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
To prepare the coriander and cinnamon butter; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together.
Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface of the joint. Season and sear the joints for 3-4 minutes on each side in a hot pan with the oil. Transfer to a large non-stick roasting tray and brush with the pomegranate juice or molasses.
Spread the spiced butter over the surface of the portions and roast according to your preference, basting occasionally. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
Transfer the lamb to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Slice the lamb and serve with any meat juices from the pan and seasonal vegetables.