Lamb Mini Roast with Citrus Baby Carrots and New Potatoes
This is a delicious all in one roast dinner using a lamb mini roast, baby carrots and new potatoes tossed in a citrus and herb mix. All ready in under an hour and fuss free.
- 1 x 350-400g lean lamb mini roasting joint (thick flank or topside)
For the citrus vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- Small bunch fresh thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely crushed
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 400g baby carrots, cleaned and trimmed
- 400g baby new potatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons thick cut Seville orange marmalade, warmed
- Extra thyme leaves, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, orange juice, thyme, garlic and Chinese five-spice.
- Put the vegetables in a large non-stick roasting tin, season and spoon over half the citrus mixture. Lightly shake the pan to spread out and coat the vegetables.
- Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and season. Position the lamb on top of the vegetables and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, spoon the remaining citrus mixture around the vegetables and brush the marmalade over the joint and vegetables. Return to the oven and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven with the vegetables and transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Carve the lamb and serve with the vegetables.