Lamb Mini Roast with Red Pesto
A mid-week lamb mini roast for two topped with prepared red pesto and served with a vegetable noodle stir-fry.
- 1 x 400-450g lean lamb mini roast (we used thick flank)
- 1-2 tablespoons prepared red pesto
For the pasta:
- 2 tablespoons prepared red pesto
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Large handful baby spinach leaves
- Freshly chopped parsley, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 190°C,170°C Fan ,Gas Mark 5.
Place the mini roast joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface and season. Spread with the prepared pesto.
Transfer to a metal rack in a roasting tin and roast and roast for 35-40 minutes. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
Transfer the lamb to a warm plate; lightly cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 minutes if time allows.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and return the pasta to the pan. Add the remaining pasta ingredients.
Thinly slice the lamb, toss in the pasta and serve.