Spiced Yogurt Lamb Mini Roast
Try this Asian-inspired mini roast that cooks in under an hour, so is a great midweek option and uses only 6 ingredients and Madras curry paste for extra speed.
- 1 x 350-400g (12-14oz) lean lamb mini roasting joint (we used thick flank)
- 45ml/3tbsp Madras curry paste or curry paste of your choice
- 30ml/2tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- In a small bowl mix together the curry paste, yogurt, garlic and coriander. Set aside.
- Put the lamb on a chopping board, make several slits over the surface and season. Transfer to a plate, brush the yogurt mixture all over. If time allows cover and marinate the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200C, 400°F. Put the lamb on a metal rack in a small roasting tin lined with foil and cook for 25-30 minutes. Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
- Transfer the lamb to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb and serve with saag aloo, spiced carrots and chapatis.