Pistachio and Orange Crusted Lamb Mini Roast
This mid-week lamb mini roast has a Middle Eastern twist with a crust made with crushed pistachios, mint and oranges. Ready in under an hour and it's a perfect reward at the end of the day.
- 1 x 400-450g/14oz-1lb lean lamb mini roast
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Pistachio and Orange Crust
- :Zest of 1 orange
- 50g/2oz pistachio nut kernels, finely chopped
- Large bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Large bunch fresh mint, finely chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed oil
To prepare the crust; mix all the ingredients and half the oil in a small bowl.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6. 200°C, 400°F.
Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, brush with the remaining oil, season all over and press the pistachio mixture over the surface of the lamb to create a crust.
Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 35-40 minutes (for medium). Cover with foil if browning too quickly.
Remove the joint from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, 20 if time allows.
Slice the roast and serve with couscous and a yogurt and cucumber raita (optional).