Lamb Mini Roast with Warm Spices
A great all in one mid week roasting joint for two to three people that takes only 35 to 40 minutes to cook. Mini lamb leg or shoulder roasting joint brushed with a warm spice mix made from with cumin powder, turmeric, ground coriander, seasoning and the juice of 1 small orange. Joint is roasted on a bed of small new potatoes onions and fresh bay leaves.
- 1 x 350-400g (12-14oz) lean lamb leg or shoulder mini roast
- 450g/1lb new potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 20ml/4tsp oil
- 3 fresh bay leaves, torn
For the Warm Spice Mix
- :5ml/1tsp cumin powder
- 5ml/1tsp turmeric
- 10ml/2tsp ground coriander
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Juice of 1 small orange
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Place the potatoes and onions in the base of a non-stick roasting tin. Drizzle with half the oil and sprinkle over the bay leaves.
To prepare the warm spice mix, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together with the remaining oil.
Place the mini roast on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface then brush with the spice mix all over.
Place on top of the potatoes and roast uncovered for 35-40 minutes (for medium). Cover the meat with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve with the potatoes and seasonal vegetables.