Lamb Mini Roast with Warm Spices
A great all in one mid week roasting joint for two to three people that takes only 35 to 40 minutes to cook. Mini lamb leg or shoulder roasting joint brushed with a warm spice mix made from with cumin powder, turmeric, ground coriander, seasoning and the juice of 1 small orange. Joint is roasted on a bed of small new potatoes onions and fresh bay leaves.
- 1 x 350-400g lean lamb leg or shoulder mini roast
- 450g new potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 3 fresh bay leaves, torn
For the Warm Spice Mix:
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Juice of 1 small orange
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- Place the potatoes and onions in the base of a non-stick roasting tin. Drizzle with half the oil and sprinkle over the bay leaves.
- To prepare the warm spice mix, in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together with the remaining oil.
- Place the mini roast on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface then brush with the spice mix all over.
- Place on top of the potatoes and roast uncovered for 35-40 minutes (for medium). Cover the meat with foil if browning too quickly.
- Serve with the potatoes and seasonal vegetables.