Lamb Mini Roast with Mango Chutney
- 1 x 350-400g/12oz-14oz lamb mini roasting joint (we used topside)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp prepared mango chutney of your choice
For the Rice
- :175g/6oz packet dried, chilled, frozen rice or plain rice of your choice
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
For the Vegetables
- :175g/6oz fresh, frozen or canned peas
- 100g/4oz fresh, frozen or canned sweet corn
- Mini poppadoms or naan bread and extra mango chutney, to serve
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface and season. Place in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the joint from the oven, brush with the mango chutney and return to the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. If using plain dried rice cook according to the packet instructions and add a vegetable stock cube to the boiling water. During the last 5 minutes of the cooking time add the vegetables to the rice. Stir gently.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the vegetable rice, mini poppadoms or naan bread and extra mango chutney.