Lamb Mini Roast with Mango Chutney
- 1 x 350-400g lamb mini roasting joint (we used topside)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mango chutney of your choice
For the Rice:
- 175g packet dried, chilled, frozen rice or plain rice of your choice
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
For the Vegetables:
- 175g fresh, frozen or canned peas
- 100g fresh, frozen or canned sweetcorn
- Mini poppadoms or naan bread and extra mango chutney, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190°C,170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface and season. Place in a medium non-stick roasting tin and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove the joint from the oven, brush with the mango chutney and return to the oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions. If using plain dried rice cook according to the packet instructions and add a vegetable stock cube to the boiling water. During the last 5 minutes of the cooking time add the vegetables to the rice. Stir gently.
- Remove the lamb from the oven, transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Carve the lamb and serve with the vegetable rice, mini poppadoms or naan bread and extra mango chutney.