Lamb Mini Roast with Pineapple and Ginger Glaze
A lamb mini roast cooked with a pineaple and ginger glaze in under an hour. Serve with a summer couscous salad.
- 1 x 350-400g/12oz-14oz lean lamb mini roasting joint (topside or thick flank)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Pineapple and Ginger Glaze
- :1 x 2.5cm/1inch fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 30ml/2tbsp pineapple jam
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slits over the surface and season. Transfer to a roasting rack in a medium roasting tin and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze ingredients; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Remove the joint from the oven, brush all over with the glaze and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a warm plate, cover with foil and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes. Carve and serve with a summer couscous salad.