Roast Beef Appetisers
A lovely beef canape that will certainly impress family and friends . A great leftover recipe that uses thinly sliced cooked roast beef and shop-bought crumpets cut into canape size portions. The canapes are topped with a dollop of prepared houmous or aubergine dip, some beef, then finished with a delicate sprig of fresh dill leaves. Truly scrumptious!
- 100g cooked roast beef, cut into thin slices
- 8 crumpets
- 2 tablespoons prepared houmous or aubergine dip
- Fresh dill leaves, to garnish
- Stack the crumpets in groups of two and using a small 3.5cm plain round cutter cut three circles out from each crumpet.
- Transfer to a preheated, moderate grill and lightly toast on each side. Arrange on a large serving platter.
- Spread each mini crumpet with a portion of the dip, then the beef slices.
- Garnish with fresh dill leaves or the pomegranate relish.