Mini Lamb Satay Sticks
This a great dish for an informal party. Cubes of lean lamb neck fillets are marinated in fresh garilc, ginger and some prepared Satay sauce before they are threaded onto skewers and grilled then served with a sliced onion garnish and a slightly warmed Satay sauce.
- 375g/12oz lamb neck fillet, cut into 1.5cm/¾inch cubes
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 x 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 x 200g jar prepared Satay sauce
- Sliced red onions, to garnish
- From the store cupboard
- :Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Soak 12 wooden mini kebabs skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
Put the lamb cubes in a large bowl; add the garlic, ginger, seasoning and half the satay sauce. Mix together. Preheat the grill to moderate.
Thread the lamb onto the skewers and cook under the grill for 4-6 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, warm the remaining satay sauce and transfer to a small bowl. Scatter over the chopped peanuts.
Serve the lamb satay on top of the red onion slices and with the warm sauce.