Honey and Mustard Lamb Kebabs with Cucumber Salsa
Try these quick kebabs using cubes of lamb leg steaks in a quick honey and mustard marinade with onions and peppers. Great cooked on the barbecue or under the grill in under 20 minutes. Serve with a cooling cucumber and apple salsa.
- 400g/14oz lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into chunks
For the Honey and Mustard Marinade:
- 60ml/4tbsp clear honey or maple syrup
- 30ml/2tbsp Dijon or English mustard
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh orange juice
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
For the Cucumber Salsa:
- ½ cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small dessert apple, cored and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 15g pack fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Potato wedges, to serve
- In a large shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients together. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa; in a large bowl mix all the salsa ingredients together.
- Thread the lamb with the vegetables onto 6 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes). Cook under a preheated moderate grill, on a prepared barbecue or on the hob in a frying pan for 12-16 minutes, turning once, until any meat juices run clear.
- Transfer the kebabs to a warm plate and serve with potato wedges and the cucumber salsa.
Tips:If preferred use a selection of alternative vegetables on the kebabs such as button mushrooms and sliced courgettes.
Additional Recipe Information:
Potato wedges, to serve