Lamb, Mint and Halloumi Kebabs
Boneless lamb or shoulder cubes marinated with halloumi, freshly chopped mint or oregano, oil and lemon juice then popped on the BBQ or grill.
- 450g lean boneless lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint or oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g halloumi cheese, cut into small cubes
- Place all the kebab ingredients into a large, shallow dish, toss gently, cover and leave to marinate for up to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Thread the lamb and cheese on to 8 short or 4 long wooden (previously soaked in water) or metal skewers.
- Cook the kebabs on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally until any meat juices run clear.
- Serve with houmous and a green salad.